Preserving Alumni House is an IAFSA Tradition
Our historic 1917 Arts and Crafts style Alumni House is the home of IAFSA. Along with housing the staff offices, Alumni House holds the original archives of the first Normal School in America. Our extensive yearbook collection and alumni files are a source of family genealogy and research. Our House Committee works to maintain and improve Alumni House so it can be a gathering place for future generations of FSU alumni.
The Garden on the Hill was a project of the class of 1964 in honor of their 50th reunion. The side yard of the property was transformed into a beautiful space of remembrance and reflection. Bricks can be purchased to honor of a milestone, in memory of a classmate, or just to support the continued beautification of the property.
Alumni House is available year-round as a gathering place for alumni and the University for private, social and business functions. The gracious building retains its home-like character and can accommodate up to 49 people for receptions, showers and celebrations. There is a conference room which can seat 16 around the conference table and the Dining room is perfect for a sit-down dinner for 12. Please contact the IAFSA office for the fee schedule and additional information.
History of the House – 42 Adams Road
The spacious home was designed by Oscar A. Thayer of Boston in 1916 and completed in 1917 for the family of Albert H. Wood
Association records show Wood living here in 1923 with his wife, a son, and his wife’s parents, John and Martha Fuller.
The house was transferred to at least one additional family before being purchased by Dr. Willis.
Dr. Willis and his family of six sold the house to the Association
Framingham State College vs. Alumni Association required replacing the granite stone on the front hill.
Electrical upgrades were performed, including new electrical service and replacement of the panelboard and breakers, all conforming to modern building code.